Dear Mr McBride letter 5

                                         Letters to McBride 5

To: Mr T E McBride CEO 

From: Capt. A Hall 
April 13 2002 

Dear Mr McBride. 

I feel that I must correct any impression that you may have regarding the relationship between Miss Tomlinson and myself. Despite indications to the contrary, nothing of any significance took place at the Christmas party. When I went to the stationery store to rest, Miss Tomlinson was already there, and with the lights out, I tripped over her, thereby causing both of us to fall to the floor. Due, no doubt to our close proximity, she acted in a very friendly manner and I was not aware of any protest on her part. I was greatly surprised when she made a complaint some three days later. 

I have apologised to the Financial Director who regrettably was on the receiving end of the phone call from her irate fiancé. My understanding of the situation is that the gentleman telephoned the Company and demanded to speak to ‘whoever was in charge.’ It was a very regrettable situation and I trust that Mr Eggleton will recover soon. I also made an attempt to ease Jennifer’s anger by inviting her to dinner at a venue of her choice. When she suggested the Stansted Hilton I naturally assumed that she would not wish to drive home afterwards, so I took the liberty of booking a double room for her. I had absolutely no idea that her fiance had followed her and had drawn a completely erroneous conclusion when he managed to persuade the Hilton receptionist to show him the register. I should mention, whilst on the subject of the Hilton, that I had every intention of paying the bill myself. How it came to be invoiced to the Company is a total mystery. 

Regarding the incident in the dining room, the report made to the Company by the manager fails to point out that it was Miss Tomlinson’s fiancé who struck the first blow. I consider it entirely inappropriate for a vicar to behave in that manner or to use that sort of language, especially in the presence of a lady. Had I known that he was a man of the cloth, I would not have retaliated in the manner in which I did. Had I also been aware that he was trained in martial arts, I probably would not have been thrown onto the adjacent table. The elderly gentleman was quite understanding about the interruption to his meal. 

Because of the valuable training in Interpersonal Relationships that I received as part of the Company induction processes, I was eventually able to convince the fiancé that nothing untoward had been envisaged. We spent the rest of the evening drinking together at the bar to Jennifer’s obvious irritation. I feel sure that you will agree that a vicar would never engage in the sort of behaviour that was alleged by the bar staff. Neither the reverend gentleman nor I requested the blonde barmaid to display any portion of her anatomy and we certainly did not suggest it loud enough for anyone else to hear. 

As Miss Tomlinson had retired to the room that I had booked, the vicar and I decided to take advantage of the late licence available to residents. At around three in the morning, we decided to check on Jennifer to ensure that she was satisfied with her accommodation. We went to the room together because I had the key and the Rev. Dennis wanted to accompany me. I have to say that she was quite abusive when it was suggested that Dennis and I take the weight off our feet by lying on the bed beside her. Exhibiting surprising strength for such a slim lady, she propelled us both into the corridor and slammed the door behind us. I am happy to relate that she allowed us to collect our clothes on the following morning. 

Our relationship has subsequently been somewhat frosty and I would ask you to request that Human Resources take that into account when dealing with her complaints. 

Best regards 

Allen Hall 



 


Comments

  1. Love these "letters" they certainly put a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

This is me!

My Best Friend

The Wedding - The woes of a musician